A gameplay without music is not the same… but we can’t put any random song that comes to our mind!
Music without copyright doesn’t really exist, what we refer to when we look for this term is royalty-free music. And royalty-free music is classified under free Creative Commons and music under paid licenses.
The main difference between the two is that if you use Creative Commons music you will have to attribute (mention) the artist on the description of your video and you may have certain problems, the largest of which is that:
And that’s because most of these licenses don’t allow their use on professional projects, but only personal ones.
On the other hand, you will have to pay some money ($19) for the licenses but we save a lot of time and headaches since we can monetize our channel without any problem. See what music do Youtubers use for more information.
Creative Commons music for Gameplays
Ideal for channels that are just beginning, with few subscribers yet, that are not monetized and cannot afford to pay the small cost of music licenses or sound effects.
Some free songs to download and use right away:
- Alan Walker – Fade – http://bit.ly/2kcWtjy
- Tobu – Cadyland – http://bit.ly/2kd7K3z
- Different Heaven – http://bit.ly/2joTvVm
- Itro – Panda – http://bit.ly/2kd04yb
- Feint – Lift – http://bit.ly/2jzGjA8
- Tobu – Running Away – http://bit.ly/2kE4jns
- Itro & Tobu – Cloud 9 – http://bit.ly/2kdHC9c
- Robokids – Kids – (Extended Mix) – http://bit.ly/2kDKQPF
- Alan Walker – Spectre – http://bit.ly/2k2Pac6
- Alex Skrindo & Stahl! – Moments – http://bit.ly/2joMxzA
- AaWindfall – Thefatrat – http://bit.ly/2kxa572
- Free Music Archive (FMA): One of the biggest websites with music under CC licenses with all kinds of genres. To use them, we must always mention the artist who created the music in our project with a link.
- Incompetech: Like the previous one, we should mention the artist and read carefully the conditions of the licenses.
- Jamendo: It is a mix of musical community and place from where to download free songs. You can only use them as long as they are for personal use, not professional.
Royalty-Free music under licenses for Gameplays
If your channel already has a certain level, it’s starting to be a serious project and you want to monetize it, we recommend you leave aside the Creative Commons and focus on the music that you can acquire under licenses.
The good thing about this page is that you can download the preview of each song, that is, the full song in mp3 format with a built-in watermark so you can test it on your video before deciding whether it is appropriate or not and buy the corresponding license.
The license to use a song on a Youtube video is the cheapest, the so-called standard license with the cost of $19.
There are, as well, monthly payment services for which you can access a library of more than 300,000 royalty-free songs. The best one is Epidemic Sound and that’s why the most famous YouTubers and big channels use it to not to worry about the background music of their videos anymore.
The pricing for this service starts at €13/month and thanks to this, you will be able to monetize your videos without any further problems and you will never receive a copyright claim from YouTube again. They provide a 30-day free trial, so you can try it at any time.