Here are some facts about how music affects your business:
Music changes the consumer experience
- 80% of purchasing decisions are made impulsively at the point of sale.
- 50% leave the store because they are bothered by the song selection
- 39% of them don’t come back. Ever.
A proper musical selection increases the time spent in the store
- 40% of clients spend more time in the store if they feel the music is well chosen.
- Better music = more time spent = more sales.
The adequate music increases fidelity to the brand
- 21% recommend you if they felt good with the music
- 31% come back if the music is appropriate
Music creates identity
- 97% of general managers of the best retailers in the world say that music strengthens the brand personality.
Now, knowing how music influences our business in the buying decision of our customers…
What kind of songs can we use and how to get them to avoid copyright problems?
Using music from Spotify, iTunes, Youtube, radio or television we would have to pay a costly monthly fee to the main PROs (Performance Rights Organization) in your country.
- A huge amount of royalty-free songs, organized by musical genres and mood, so you can pick the ones that best suits your business.
- Forget about making the selection of songs, because they have radios in which no song is repeated. Just press play.
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week service via streaming. That is, you will not need anything more than a computer connected to the Internet, without additional software.
- Affordable prices, no permanence commitment or initial/final fees.
Music to attract customers
What are the best solutions available?
Music stream for business – International
- Soundtrack Your Brand: They sure are the best option in this industry. Soundtrack offers a music streaming platform, licensed for commercial and public spaces. It costs 34,99 € per location & month but the good thing is you can try it for one month for free and cancel at any time.
- Jamendo Licensing: The most popular and affordable. It has more than 33 different radios with all types of musical genres to play in shops, restaurants, hotels, hospitals, boutiques or department stores. Prices vary by the square meters and are between 4.99 €/month for less than 51m2 to 19.99€/month for locals in between 401 and 1,000m2.
- Heartbeats International: For big brands. They create a complete strategy, a united perspective and a framework answering the fundamental questions of why, how, where and when to communicate the brand through music and sound.
- Sound Machine: Starting at $29.95/month, they provide a super-useful music service, where you can create your playlist, schedule them, incorporate promotional messages between them and have multiple locations.
Music streaming services – USA
- Pandora: Pandora and Mood Media have partnered to make Pandora internet radio, loved by over 200 million people for their personal use, now available for business as Pandora for Business. They will cover the required commercial use license – so you can now legally play Pandora for your customers.
- Rockbot: An amazing alternative. With over 14million songs in their catalog, they have a unique software so you can control the playlist from anywhere with a tablet or smartphone, that is, a remote control for your store managers.
- Jukeboxy: Jukeboxy costs only $29.95 per month and the subscription includes 250+ professionally curated playlists, scheduling by day-part where users can mix unlimited playlists, remote control via web browser and IOS & Android apps, multi-account management from one platform, in-store audio messaging and “Jukeboxy DJ Set” where users can create their own mood, genre and decade based DJ Sets.
- Cloud Cover: Prices start at $18 per month. From the most popular hits by the biggest groups to tracks from newly breaking artists, they have it all. You can choose from over 50 stations and combine them to create the perfect mix and remove songs that don’t fit your brand.
- Custom Channels: They have different packages, starting from $35/month. It gives you many fully licensed, ready-to-go music channels with playlists continuously updated by music professionals.
Music streaming for business – Europe & UK
- Auraclesound: Supplies the retail and leisure industries with a commercially licensed music streaming service via app, web player or hardware options.
- Spotify Business: For Sweden, Norway and Finland only. They offer endless music, always updated to the latest trends and to use your phone or computer as a remote control for it. You can control all your locations from a single dashboard. It costs 34,99 € per location & month – after the first month.
Music stream for companies – South America & Spain
- Brandtrack: One of the highest quality options. It offers over 120 music channels with Creative Commons music, designed by DJs and songs are updated monthly, so the music will be always original. Prices start around $ 19 per month for a single physical store.
- Kasimu: They have 12 music channels starting at 14.99€/month + VAT and you don’t have to pay any starting fee. It offers a free 3-day trial.
- Soundreef: Same as above, but also offers a free trial period of 15 days to see if we’re convinced. The cost varies with the square footage of your store and is usually more expensive than Jamendo. They pay royalties to the artist based on the music that is used.
Streaming music for business – Asia
- Express Melody: Based in Singapore but expanded with offices in China and Malaysia, they provide high-quality audio solutions for all kinds of business, from retailers to hotels or shopping malls. They have an unlimited music selection and provide the hardware to manage the sound ambiance remotely. They provide also a 14-day free trial.
Streaming services for business – Australia
- Qsic: Prices start from $30/week. Australia’s first commercially licensed music streaming service, they take the hassle and complication out of your music system.
- StrorePlay: An integrated app and web-based music subscription service providing retailers, restaurants, hair salons or any other commercial premises with curated music playlists to enhance the ambiance of their stores. They have also a Royalty-Free version available globally.
Music for Business
As you can see, there are many different services in every country and each one offers not only different music but many other additional options & gadgets, like creating playlists, having remote controls or even letting the same clients choose the next song through an app!
So, the best thing you can do is to spend some time learning about the features they offer and the prices they have. As we saw at the beginning of the article, music plays an important -if not essential- role in your business or store and it’s worth to choose the best option for it.